HOW TO STYLE YOUR MEZZE PLATTER FOR A GIRLS NIGHT IN
IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER THAN GREAT FOOD, EVEN BETTER WINE, AND A CONSTANT FLOW OF CONVERSATION? WELCOME TO A GROWN-UP GIRLS’ NIGHT IN!
→ By Jana Leonard, Homeware Brand Founder and Lifestyle Content Creator
I love cooking, but for summer, Mezze platters are my go-to treat for lunch or dinner.
Believe it or not, there is a science to making it look (and taste) amazing because let us not forget, you eat with your eyes first.
Mezze in practice is a selection of warm or cold savory small plates served as a complementary offering with drinks, on either a wooden board or platter. Items can include cheeses, spreads, crackers, bread, vegetables, and many more. Basically, if you can serve it in a bite-size, it’s a mezze!
Styling Your Mezze:
- Choose a beautiful platter or wooden board complimentary to the space you’re in.
- Make sure you have different textures on the board such as soft and crispy. Think soft cheese, with crisp grapes and a pate with crackers.
- Color, color, color! Choose items that bring your Mezze platter to life – think green grapes, red pepper hummus, avocado, cheese, black sesame seeds, charcuterie, fresh vine tomatoes, cucumber, tzatziki, and more.
- Height! Don’t forget about creating height on your platter – try breadsticks for height, olives as a different compartmental offering, how about a big round of cheese with a corner cut out to ‘welcome’ your guests to start eating?
- Compartments. I love compartmentalizing items on a Mezze platter, it creates organized chaos which I am a huge fan of. Use small bowls, ramekins, and use something that means something special to you – I love using items from my travels. It creates a talking point and brings up wonderful memories around the table.
How to start:
- Start with your bigger items such as cheeses and bread.
- Then add smaller items such as olives, spreads, and vine tomatoes.
- Finish off with touches of greenery and maybe a candle or two to create a fresh, beautiful setting.
Send us a picture of your Mezze Platter, tagging @lmda_world. We would love to share it with our followers as inspiration!
Baskiti Single Square Wall Hook
These Baskiti Single Square Wall Hooks are perfect for smaller spaces and in kiddies’ rooms.
Baskiti Hanging Basket Liner
The Baskiti hanging basket liner is made from linen and tied to the basket using velcro.
Baskiti Hanging Storage Basket
These handwoven Baskiti Hanging Baskets are beautiful displays of art!
Baskiti Coat Hook
The perfect way to keep keep your entrance looking stylish and clutter free